There are three naturally occurring crystallographic forms of titanium dioxide: anatase, brookite and rutile. Rutile is the most common and stable form.
Rutile and anatase are both used in the white pigmentation of paints, paper, and ceramics… etc
Anatase Titanium dioxide is extensively used in plastics, ink, coatings, paper, rubber, chemical fiber, chemical, ceramics, pharmaceutical, food, and some further industries. The main uses of Anatase titanium dioxide are stated below:
1. Anatase titanium dioxide has a good photocatalytic effect and is widely used in photocatalysts and air purifiers.
2. Anatase titanium dioxide due to the huge specific surface has been broadly used in solar cells, environmental purification, photocatalysis, catalyst media, gas sensors, and lithium batteries.
3. Anatase titanium dioxide is used in papermaking, it can play the role of fluorescence and brightening and increase the whiteness of the paper. In the field of printing, the thicknesses of coatings of less than 100 millimeters are required, which is why very fine titanium dioxide pigments are used. Fillers such as chalk, talc or kaolin are used for the paper industry. Titanium dioxide pigments are used for making a very white paper and should be opaque and very thin. It is also applied as a coating to make "artistic" paper.
4. It is also used in the manufacturing of ink. It is an indispensable white pigment in advanced inks.
5. Anatase Titanium dioxide has also applications in the textile and chemical fiber industry. They remove the greasy appearance on fibers caused by the translucent properties of the resin.
6. Anatase Titanium dioxide is used as a dye in the rubber industry and it also has reinforcing, anti-aging and filling effects.
7. Other areas of application of Anatase titanium dioxide include the ceramic industry, the manufacturing of white cement and the coloring of rubber or linoleum.
8. In addition to being a pigment, titanium dioxide is used as a catalyst.
Titanium dioxide (TiO2) is used in a variety of personal care products, including sunscreens, pressed powders, and loose powders, as a UV filter or whitening agent. Also In lotions and creams (dermal exposure).
Sunscreen products that are formulated with titanium dioxide can be used for effective sun protection on both the face and body.
Titanium dioxide is an inert mineral that is generally recognized as safe for daily use as part of a well-rounded routine for healthy-looking skin.
Titanium dioxide is an ingredient used to whiten many food products in addition to cosmetic, paint, and paper products.
In food and drugs, Titanium dioxide is known as E171 and helps define colors clearly and can prevent UV degradation (cracking and breakdown of materials).
In food, E171 is always combined with other ingredients like proteins and fats to create the additive.
You can find titanium dioxide in products like:
Candy and sweets
Unit 502, 7300 Warden Ave.Markham, Ontario, L3R 9Z0, Canada
Tel: 1 905-604-7008 Fax: 1 905-604-7009